What is SOSORT? SOSORT is the International Society On Scoliosis Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Treatment.
SOSORT is a non-profit organization formed in 2005 to meet specific unmet needs within the professional and patient communities.
- Believes that prevention and conservative management can be effective, efficient, and valuable tools for the management of scoliosis and other spinal deformities.
- Promotes an open forum for the exchange of knowledge and ideas in the field of conservative management of spinal deformities.
- Stimulates research and clinical studies to determine the value and appropriate use of prevention, early detection, observation, and non-operative treatment of spinal deformities.
- Disseminates evidence-based information and guidelines among the scientific community and the general population concerning the conservative management of spinal deformities.
- Provides specific education and training to healthcare professionals in order to build a geographically- and professionally- diverse community of specialists to provide high-quality, non-operative patient care.
- Our primary venue for education is the SOSORT Annual Meeting which combines Scientific, Education and Consensus sessions.
- Primary to our practice and educational goals is the production and continuous updating of a number of treatment guidelines and consensus papers (for example, 2016 SOSORT guidelines: Orthopaedic and rehabilitation treatment of idiopathic scoliosis during growth. Scoliosis Spinal Disord. 2018 Jan 10;13:3.